LP154WT1-SJAV to SJA1

samiam

I have some china special LP154WT1-SJAV screens which don't seem to work with anything
anyone know if (and where) the firmware chip i can move over from a broken official A1

dukefawks

Administrator
I see no reason for them not to work unless the EDID chip is totally blank which is totally possible if these "fell" off the production line before EDID was programmed. I have no idea where the EDID ROM is on these. If you can post a high res picture of the board maybe I can help. I have a bad feeling it is under some shields :(

samiam

yeah i've tried on like 3 different machines over the past year or so and they don't recognize on anything

I was reading on mike'smods where he was reverse engineering a breakout board
http://mikesmods.com/mm-wp/?p=212

I see the main chip is a parade, but his picture of the older controller design shows the EDID coming from somewhere else

will take a pic a little later today, going to have to setup one of my newer iPhones as the iPhone 4 i'm using can't take pictures for crap

dukefawks

Administrator
There is a way to flash the EDID over de DP interface. Apple's AST/MRI has tools to flash the cinema display EDID which use eDP LCDs. So it is possible I have no idea how and no desire to figure it out. There is a good chance there is still a simple EEPROM on the LCD board.

samiam

No Title

this is what is not under the heat shields
let me know if this helps or i need to take them off and take more pics
thanks as always Duke

Attachments

• photo1296.jpg
    photo1296.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • photo1297.jpg
    photo1297.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
2nd picture marked U4 I think could very well be an EEPROM. Good luck getting that off without destroying that flat cable. If it is an EEPROM all pins on 1 side will be GND. Maybe better to hook up some wires and flash it. Removing it will kill the LCD.

samiam

those cables don't have any heat tolerance? i know the keyboard cable melts in a second. but i thought the lcd tabs were bonded with some high heat and pressure. well i'll try messing around with some dead air screens first for practice this weekend, if not i guess i'll look into flashing. i've never tried flashing beyond ati video cards and mac efi