Macbook 12 820-00045 no SSD found

I received from a customer a MacBook 12 820-00045 512gb SSD that doesn't detect SSD, neither in disk utility. I found an other topic here with same issue. The logic board hasn't any liquid damage and any visual defect under microscope, board looks perfect. Is SSD or Controller dead? Has anyone experienced the same issue and can share the solution?

Thanks you in advance

Gurmon

The solution is a new logic board.

However before this check if the NANDs are getting power @1.8V. Voltage reading on C8801 & C8805.

Check pull-ups on U8821 & traces voltage on U8800.

r8803 is 10k, while r8802 should be 10k but it's about 9k, already replaced it and still same issue. Tolerance is 5%. could be a u8800 fault? if I heat that area r8802 goes up to 7k

is there anyone who had same issue? I have read many cases of "no ssd" with macbook 12" but I haven't found a solution, probably all of them have same manufacturing issue.

dukefawks

Administrator
There is no solution to a corrupted NAND. If you are in the EU bitch at Apple and they will fix it if <2 years after purchase.

dukefawks

Administrator
I am not 100% sure, go and find out, but it is all undefilled garbage so it is a nightmare. The NANDs may contain firmware so swapping them for a new one may not work.