Replace GPU 9051

MDY

Need to replace this GPU 9051. I found DC: 1612 and 1630. Somebody tried these datacode? Are they good?

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
This shit is also hopeless. I got some 1516 date codes, but I'm pretty sure they are sanded polished garbage. E-best on Ebay has date code 1001 ones, picture looks good but could still be fakes.

dukefawks

Administrator
1612 and 1630 are pretty certainly fakes. Best bet would be the ones E-best is selling now. Make sure to confirm the 1001 date code. Last time they send me 0842 or something and they were remarked and did of course not work. Hopeless.....

dukefawks

Administrator
Of course it does, they are polished up reballed shit ones. I do not believe a chip that was obsolete in 2011 was made new in 2016, lots of wishful thinking...

Repairable

Do they make 20 year old cars totday?
No! Why? they sell So little you cant have that factor space used up for that.
Same with these old chips

dukefawks

Administrator
Some chips were made new, most were not. 0752001 is a MASSIVE market for. Chips are mostly made for OEM repair, not for stuff we do.
0729051 was only used in a few machines, so why bother making them. Setting up a production line for these again costs 100s of thousands $$.

MDY

What about 2025 DC1512. This is one you wrote here that they are new. This is the only one we know?
Never had so many problems replacing GPUs as now with these iMAC. One of them had to replace the GPU 3 times and each time works 1 month. I dont know if there are sense to do that.

Gurmon

I can confirm the 1630 9051 chips are all fake bullshit. Im going to try the 1010 ones when they arrive.

MDY

Yes, we should share more if some DC are better then other as we lost a lot of times replacing GPU 3 times in the same Imac.

MDY

Golden chipset sell 9051 DC 1514
I think to try one but how? Test with furmark 1 week 168 hours should be enought test??

dukefawks

Administrator
No no no, 2015 chips were probably never made. You are digging for gold. These chips are from 2009-2011 and most real ones will be from that era. Pay E-Best the $50 for it and try that one.

MDY

How to try that one? What test should I do to test it? Most of them work few weeks or months. Or we have to wait months to try.