[SOLVED]12" A1534

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykulski

The 2015-model has MLB#820-00045 as Therealkilometers say

The 2016-model has MLB#820-00244 and is a bit different.

I haven't found the schematics and brd for the 2016 and I am missing some information on some components on this particular model. So if you happen to have the 2016-model in hand please answer my question in this thread: https://www.rossmanngroup.com/boards...ont-know-which

Thanks

Last edited:

G.Beard

The 2015-model has MLB#820-00045 Therealkilometrs say

The 2016-model has MLB#820-00244 and is a bit different.

I haven't found the schematics and brd for the 2016 and I am missing some information on some components on this particular model. So if you happen to have the 2016-model in hand please answer my question in this thread: https://www.rossmanngroup.com/boards...ont-know-which

Thanks

Sorry man, it's the 00045 2015. I have saved your thread link in case I get a lead on the 00244.

May well be a Sunday job to probe every R C L on the 00244 board and note values ready for the next one you get. I mean hell it would be tedious but it may serve for future until (if) brd and schema are available. ........ Can't even find one to buy as reference board.

dukefawks

Administrator
Make sure you use a REAL Apple 29W charger and REAL Apple USB lead. The board will auto power on with a low battery logo on the LCD. There is a button next to the battery connector you need to press to turn off battery power to the board before disconnecting anything. There is also a small white LED next to the connector that will always be lit when power is applied AC or batt.

G.Beard

Make sure you use a REAL Apple 29W charger and REAL Apple USB lead. The board will auto power on with a low battery logo on the LCD. There is a button next to the battery connector you need to press to turn off battery power to the board before disconnecting anything. There is also a small white LED next to the connector that will always be lit when power is applied AC or batt.

I notice there is a really big glob of thermal paste under that heat sink, thermal pad be OK to replace?... Not sure what paste it is under there but it's pretty thick!

G.Beard

The black stuff?

Yes that black heap of thermal paste. That huge pile looks more as though it would insulate rather than dissipate.
I have some spongy thermal pads and a load of MX-4 paste but it's not even close to the thinkness of that stuff Apple are using. The way it's piled up it don't look to me like the metal is actually making contact with the die

dukefawks

Administrator
Not quite sure what it exactly looked like. Is the board working again no need to worry about it if it is dead....

G.Beard

Not quite sure what it exactly looked like. Is the board working again no need to worry about it if it is dead....

I have not even attempted it yet. Just wondering what's going on with the thermal paste. Waiting for charger to arrive as (clearly) I have not seen one of these before..... When I opened it there was a bit of a WTF moment!

Will post one charger is here and I can see what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.