[SOLVED]2015 MacBook Air 820-00165-A Fan runs High all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrbailey

I have a 2015 MacBook Air that runs "fine" other than the fan runs high as soon as you turn it on.

When it boots, Keyboard, trackpad, wifi, Bluetooth, etc.. all work the way they should (and doesn't seem to be running slowly.) I've looked over the board and don't see liquid damage (doesn't look like it's been cleaned either)

Usually I would run ASD to see if it fails any sensors, but I don't have an ASD for the 2015 air, and what I was reading online is that Apple has gone remote/GSX for their "ASD" for the newest machines.

Can anyone confirm this or know what would cause (I'm sure there are a thousand things) the fans to run on high?

Thanks!

wrbailey

Throws back PFM006 (SMC) and PPN001 (Power management system)

any ideas? Thanks for the hint about holding down D

thank you

wrbailey

And the machine's powers from battery and/or charger just fine. If the computer works this well, other than fan, would you suspect a bad SMC? PPN001 power management, I did just see some corrosion on the I/O board. Don't have a spare. Could an I/O board be causing all of this. The 820-00165-A looks super clean (there was some dust, etc... so I don't think it was cleaned)

thanks again

wrbailey

Replaced the IO board and cable and no more loud fan! Running that self diag again to see if anything pops up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.