[SOLVED]820-00840 burned wifi area and no backligt - need help identifying parts and ratings

Sykulski

[SOLVED]820-00840 burned wifi area and no backligt - need help identifying parts and ratings

Hi.

This A1708 came in totally dead with liquid damage. The wifi chip had been on fire so I pulled it and cleaned the area. After that it starts but obviously wifi is not working at the moment. And it is also missing backlight and I do not think this is related to the affected area, but I don't know as I can not find any schematics for this one...

Can someone help with identifying the missing parts on the pictures? And anyone have knowledge of the backlight circuit in these ones ?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo1398.jpg
    photo1398.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • photo1399.jpg
    photo1399.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 1
  • photo1400.jpg
    photo1400.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 1
  • photo1401.jpg
    photo1401.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1

dukefawks

Administrator
You can't get WiFi chips anyway and they are tied to the BIOS I think. Backlight circuit is similar to the 4924 boards, got to trace it out yourself.

Sykulski

Thanks for the hint regarding the 4924 backlight similarities. This is now working. The WiFi thing is just Apple bullshit ...

dukefawks

Administrator
I believe the MAC address and some other shit is stored inside the WiFi chip. You may get away if you get one from a donor, a new one will probably not work.

Sykulski

Ok. Thanks. I probably leave it like it is. They can use a USB WiFi adapter hanging out as a reminder not keeping any water near by.