[SOLVED]820-2936 White Screen, No Booting

No signs or water damage, the back story we were told was that it went through a power surge and then wouldn't turn on again. Gets all power rails except PPVCORE_S0_CPU is only 0.86 instead of the 1.25V noted in the schematic. After noticing this I found that the capacitors on the PPVCORE rail right above the PCH are all shorted to ground. I have removed Q7510 and Q7520 and the short is stil present, should I just start popping of caps until the short goes away, or is it most likely a shorted CPU?

OHH (face palm) that makes sense the low resistance gives the symptoms of a short. Wont make that mistake again! It does beep once repeatedly with no RAM installed.

It does PRAM reset, chimes, SMC resets, no image on external display either, when I use a USB bootable ASD drive the drive lights flash as it tries to initiate and then loops the same flash cycle over and over.

No Title

Thanks Duke! I think I might have found something a little screwy, I will replace these components and check back in hopefully with an all fixed!

Attachments

• photo1441.jpg
    photo1441.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 2