[SOLVED]820-3115-B No Green Light (Ticking Noise)

Hi there,

New to this so bear with me...

I have a board that has no green light and will not power. It also makes a ticking noise.

I have put a new ISL on so far and tried a different magsafe board.

on PP3V42 i have = 3.481v which i assume is okay...
PPBUS_G3H is = 12.27v

On U6900 pin 1 (SMC_BC_ACOK) i get 3.37v then it goes up to 3.4 then back down?

On Sys_onewire i get the same thing 3.37v then up to 3.4

Any ideas where i can go next?

Attachments

• photo1649.png
    photo1649.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 0

JohnB8812

12.27 volts on PPBUS would mean the SMC is not running. What do you get on SMC_RESET_L and how does the U5010 area look? Also history of the board liquid, drop, battery replacement etc?

Thanks for the info - U5010 looks good - PIN 5 SMC_RESET_L is 3.448 volts. History is apparently an iPhone charger was plugged in and it turned off. SMC Reset didn't work. Could this be the SMC affected?

JohnB8812

Don't use comments for future reference just because it's hard for Duke and Louis and all of us to see if you respond. If SMC_RESET_L is high then your issue may be around the SMC. You are measuring with board only correct (no keyboard, trackpad etc plugged in)?

JohnB8812

What voltage did you have on PPBUS before you replaced the ISL? Could be bad soldering on the ISL causing it for sure, but if not, my guess would be SMC related issue.

Hi again - replaced the SMC and i'm still getting no green light...clicking noise has now stopped and PPBUS_G3H is still 12.26v.

SMC_RESET_L is still high

Any ideas?

dukefawks

Administrator
Bad SMC? Killed SMC while reballing? SMC is still not running. Did you get the SMC from an identical donor board?