[SOLVED]820-3330 full fan, power on power off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.Beard

No liquid at all.

This machine will power on when the keyboard is plugged in and fan runs full speed. It will try to boot and half way turns off. It will loop like this.

With NO keyboard plugged in, it will not turn on at all.

With KB plugged I can get into ASD EFI but it reports nothing.

AFAIK battery not charging also.

Any idea please I'm at a loss.

dukefawks

Administrator
Power button hangs. Either bad keyboard or something on SMC_ONOFF line. Measure voltage in SMC_ONOFF, 3V4 and low when button pressed.

G.Beard

On good keyboard when pressing power button SMC_ONOFF_L pulls low but no power on.

On bad keyboard, the machine powers on it's own = ONOFF goes low then powers on then 3V4 then 2V8 then low and powers off off. Fans at crazy speeds.

With the board out and connected to nothing but MagSafe , the board does not power on at all. Pulling ONOFF to ground but nothing.

I'll test other voltages and behavior around U5010

G.Beard

ASD OS now reporting

SMC UV CV EPM blockes programmed = error
SMC App code mode check = error

Also does not know the battery is there.

Will fit new batt and KB and slap a new SMC on there and see what happens... Non of this is telling me why the board does not power up just from the MagSafe though.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
What is SMC_ONOFF with nothing connected to the board. Are you using a REAL 85W charger?? These should auto power on.

G.Beard

3V4 on SMC_ONOFF with no peripherals or batt.

In ASD it can't see batt when connected.

Am using an 85W really real charger. Can't work out why it's not powering with no peripherals connected. I'll order another KB Batt and charger on Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.