[SOLVED]820-3435 No charger lights - no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik1981

Hi, I have a A1465 820-3435-B board with no charger lights and no signs of life. I have PP3V42_G3H present. No water damage but has had a replacement SSD.

DCIN is 15.15v on a 45w charger & 16.61 with an 85w charger

R7120 is measuring 14.61v on all 4 pins

I'm stuck.

dukefawks

Administrator
Need green light on charger first. What is PPBUS_G3H voltage? Is there 3V present on middle pin of charger when connected?

nik1981

I think the charger went crazy when I moved the board.

I'm getting around 0.4v on the middle pin.
On D7005 pin 1 PPBUS_G3H i get .04v

Sorry for the fuck up before

nik1981

Okay, a light reflow of the SMC and I seem to have 3.3v on the middle pin of the charger, 8.6v on PPBUS_G3H and 3.3v on SMC_BC_ACOK

nik1981

I have a brand new IO board that I have tested with but I've got the ribbon connector on order.
Don't suppose the 13" air version ribbon could be used to test with could it? I know it isn't the same shape but I have one to hand is all.

I have found that if I plug the charger into another mac and get a light, then switch it to this one, weirdly I can get an orange light.
Also light or not, if I hold the power button for 5-10 seconds it powers up and displays fine but the fan is full speed and the battery isn't being seen.

dukefawks

Administrator
Inspect cable and connector for corrosion. No idea if the 13" would work, compare the pinout of the connector between 3435 and 3437.
The battery not being recognized does not bode well for the SMC I'm afraid.

nik1981

Finally received the new IO board connector.. made no difference. Connector seems fine, I'll take another look around the SMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.