[SOLVED]820-3437 No PM_SLP_S4_L

So i have a vomit damaged 3437 that came in fully dead no green light. Removed the Jtag connector, ran some wires and replaced SMC and some other small resistors. Now I have green light and PM_DSW_PWRGD but no PM_SLP_S4_L.

PPBUS_G3H - 8.6V
PP5V_S5 - 5V
PP3V3_S5 - 3.3V
PP3V3_SUS - 3.3V
PPVRTC_G3H - 3.3V
PM_DSW_PWRGD - 3.3V

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
The usual, corroded resistors in U6100 data lines, pin 8 of U1950, clock chip....Check for a pulse on L7520 right after connecting AC? Check all coils for short to GND?

All Resistors around the Bios Chip Check and look clean, U1950 is getting its voltage and isnt fucked, Check with another clock chip off a working board and still the same problems, I am getting a quick pulse on L7520 and all coils are fine

dukefawks

Administrator
All power is ok then. Still check continuity to all resistors in U6100 circuit. Check from U6100 to the 4 resistors near the CPU. Where was the corrosion?

dukefawks

Administrator
R6110-13 see page 46 and beep out all traces and resistors in the termination circuit. 16 resistors and all the traces

Tested all the termination circuit. Then pulled a BIOS chip from a dead board to test. We now have a working machine. Now to find a 3437 Clean ME Bios