[SOLVED]820-3588-a iMac boot but no image on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbarcella

Should I test with the display connected ?
I find hard to identify the components without BV.
I don't find 12 volt on 1-6 pin of J4400 but 3V and meanwhile a measure it go down

fbarcella

No Title

If I have identified right the components I assume that could be the fuse, right?
The 3V measured could be a tension returning from other place?
Thanks

Attachments

• photo889.jpg
    photo889.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 2

fbarcella

Ok, semi solved, After changed the fuse the screen wasn't light up at all, so changed the LCD cable seemed to works. (So the cable made a short I presume)
Now the Mac is very slow and in ASD remain one error on Sensor Temperature TL0p - LCD Proximity (test 1) .

have I a problem on LCD circuit or on Motherboard?

Thanks

dukefawks

Administrator
Is the sensor on the LCD panel present, is a separate sensor connector is next to LCD connector on the LCD panel.

fbarcella

No Title

I've tried to install on it a WD Scorpio and the Pin11 is already grounded on that disk, but the fan is still flowing at maximum speed.
I'm pretty sure, but I want to try, that there wasn't fan speed problem with Samsung EVO SSDs, don't know why

Attachments

• photo1020.jpg
    photo1020.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
I doubt pin 11 is grounded, did you count from the correct side? Pretty much all HDDs made after 2006 have the pin connected to the HDD MCU. If you ground the pin the HDD temp will read something like 7C, so within the expected value.

fbarcella

No Title

Ok, was the wrong pin!
Anyway I think that I cannot short to ground that pin, it's used. Right?

[UPDATE]
I've made it and all is wonderful working.
I consider this thread SOLVED
Thank you

Attachments

• photo1023.jpg
    photo1023.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.