[SOLVED] Macbook Air 13" early 2015 820-00165 No chime No display fan runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickclack80s

Hi, I have a MacBook air 13" that does not chime does not display any picture but the fan runs 100% the firmware reset function works as well when I press cmd+option+p+r it resets but no chime, I bought a new efi chip on ebay and it displays the same symptom. Can anyone share any advice on what it might be?

thanks,

- Mike

dukefawks

Administrator
How do you know PRAM reset is working? Put back original chip, those Ebay ones are probably a dump from another board and will give ME region problems.
Connect a USB mouse and see if it lights up.

clickclack80s

I truly appreciate your response, I took the bottom cover off and press cmd+option+p+r and I noticed the fan turn off and on what it does when there is no chime. I put back the original chip and it does the same thing. It seems like the ebay chip has done something to the logicboard. The chime was present when i had the original efi chip in there once I put the ebay efi chip it displayed the no chime black screen issue. The mouse lights on then turns off every 10 seconds.

clickclack80s

Good evening, there is no chime with the original efi chip back in the logicboard. I left solder flux on the logicboard, do you think that might've shorted something?

dukefawks

Administrator
You said "The chime was present when i had the original efi chip in there"
So what happened, was there a chime at some point? Flux does not short out anything unless it is the fake garbage from China.

dukefawks

Administrator
Well, then it should still chime once you put it back. Something got messed up, inspect all resistors near U6100, maybe missing or moved.

clickclack80s

thank you for all of your help, I figured out the issue, it was the efi it was stuck in some hang up mode I used a jtag programmer to kick it out of this weird state. How do I mark this as solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.