Training Jiu Jitsu

mrjoeham

How is everyone doing here? I just wanted to share in health, diet, and fitness and was curious if anyone here trains Brazillian Jiu Jitsu? I started training Jiu-Jitsu a few years ago and currently I am a blue belt. It would be cool to discuss stuff about it here if anyone is on the same journey. I started because I wanted to try something new for health and fitness and wanted to learn some real man skills..lol Prior to joining I was already going to the gym on a regular basis doing Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 strength training, it's like power lifting stuff.. focusing on Squats, Deadlifts, Bench and Overhead Press and then adding accessory exercises. If anyone was curious about learning Jiu Jitsu you should give it a try, it is very good for cardio work, endurance, strength, flexibility and besides the physical health benefits it's good for mental health and learning a good skill to protect yourself and love ones. The partners and academy I go to are Gracie Barra in the Pacific Northwest, once you're a member of Gracie Barra they welcome you at all of their academies worldwide. It's a really awesome community. Everyone is respectful and helpful. Just wanted to share. If anyone has questions about it please let me know, I would be glad to answer any questions that I know and share my experience.

arnonabuurs

Hi Yes i train jiu jitsu :) I do agree its a fantastic and efficient! Since I started 6 month ago I think I lost like 3KG and I look like Lewis right now!

mrjoeham

Nice, keep on rolling. It gets fun even though it's challenging. If you get a chance try to do a few competitions as a white belt.