Water damaged iPhone 6 No carrier problem

VirtualLife

I have iPhone 6 that has liquid damaged. I got it back and running but there is only one issue with the phone and its no carrier. It detects that there is no sim and when it works but then it searching and says no carrier... Tried manually selecting the carrier but is says failed to search manually.

dukefawks

Administrator
I don't deal with iPhones. Carrier issue are also the worst problem if the antenna is ok. I have no ideas about iphones.

josewxc

Hello, i´m new on forum,

First on the pad write *#06# if imei appears, should be a antenna problem or sim reader damaged.

If doesn´t appears check if you have some corrosion near baseband, if not, try to resolder/reball baseband ic Click image for larger version  Name:	baseband iphone 6.png Views:	1 Size:	373.5 KB ID:	11921 ,

VirtualLife

Thanks mates! I will do that and see if it works. The problem also is the the baseband heats up really quick so could it be that the baseband is bad?

jessa

what is "the baseband"? Is there some magical chip called "baseband" that substitutes for the 20 pages of schematics that dictate how the cell phone handles radio frequency? Tell me where this chip is, I know it is not on the schematic.