thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3209A backlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3209A backlight problem

I can't figure out.
    tested fuse diode mode 0.0016 is it ok?
    PPVOUT_SW_LCDBKLT_FB diode mode 0.621 is it ok?

Did you read the sticky on this subject?

Comment

What voltage do you have on backlight output?

0v?

1.2v?

8v?

19v?

27v?

50v?

Comment

PPBUS_SW_LCDBKLT_PWR i'm geting 8.1V is it good?
        LCD_BKLT_EN 3.3V
        BKLT_PLT_RST_L 3.3V
        Q9706 pin 4 i'm getting 8154V and pin 3 i'm getting 2.66V
        PPVOUT_SW_LCDBKLT 8.12V
        Last edited by john; 06-11-2016, 05:39 AM.

Comment

BKL_EN 0V
          ​any suggestions
          Last edited by john; 06-11-2016, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Resistance to GND on BKL_EN?

Comment

fix it R9731 and R9715 was the problem. replace it and i have imagine. it's running slow but it might be the ssd

Comment

Run ASD and check for errors. Running slow is usually a sensor issue.

Comment

I can't run anything. It took around 2 minutes to boot up. it's running very slow. The keyboard it's working perfect but when I press the option key so I can boot from stick it's not working. on the battery icon i have a X so it doesn't recognise the battery. any suggestion where i have to start the troubleshooting

Comment

Your keyboard is not working fine! Connect external USB keyboard and use that to boot from USB. Run the EFI version of ASD.

This will probably turn out to be a dead SMC because the battery is not recognized. Try a known good battery first of course.

Comment

changed new battery. the same thing x on the battery but now if i take the charger out it using battery power. used external usb keyboard the same issue. the keys are working but when i hold options nothing.
                      did reset the SMC. Shout down the mac and pressed options+ctrl+shift+power button for a few second when i release the buttons the charger it changes the light from orange to green and back to orange. reseting the nvram not working.

Comment

Did you disconnect the internal keyboard, it probably has a stuck key.

Comment

shift key is stuck order a new keyboard any advice about the battery I replaced 3 batterys and the same issue

Comment

Probably a dead SMC or ISL6259, SMC most likely.

Comment

tested with ASD and it give me a error SMC should I reflow it or replace it?

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X