thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3437-B bad DC-IN board??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCL/SDA should indicate something on diode mode.
    Check these lines with red probe at ground in diode mode.
    You must get less than 1% difference.

"I checked Pin 9 again(in Voltage Mode) and it gave me: 31mV"
    So, when can we trust you?
    Our help is based on your measurments...

Comment

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-24 um 17.10.50.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-09-24 um 18.22.59.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-09-24 um 17.00.15.png As I said, I'm completely new to measuring and the whole scene in general, which may be the excuse for this irritating informations. Anyway I´ll try my best and unattached are my findings.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please do not attach such a big pictures.
        Is sufficient to post name/value for the signal...

Do you get 3V3_SUS and 3V3_S5 voltage?
        Disconnect LIO board, keep only 5pins DC cable connected between MLB and LIO board.
        You don't need to connect the flex until get the board turning on first.

BTW, do NOT move that flex again, when the board is powered up...

Comment

The Flexcable is off since you told me to. I measured 1,8mV on R16101 for PP3V3_SUS and for PP3V3_S5 I got 1,9mV on R8133

Comment

So I looked further over the board and found a ripped off pad with a may ripped off resitor (R5100). The board view and the actual parts are a bit confusing. If there is/was a resistor, any idea if this is cause of my issue and where can I jumper the pad to? Attached are some small pictures
            Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-24 um 21.13.07.pngIMG_6690.JPG

Comment

R5100 MUST be present.
              Is the pull-up resistor for SMC_RESET_L signal.

Comment

So can I Attach a jumper from pin 1(missing pad) of R5100 to R5127 or am I getting the schematic wrong? If so so, is there a way to jumper the missing pad 1 of R5100?

Comment

I prefer to wire it until R5117, or R5193.

Comment

Ok so you have 8.17 volts on PPBUS_G3H. I would assume no green light? If not, SMC is not running check voltage on SMC_RESET_L

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X