thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-00165 No S0, SYSCLK(s) trying to turn on, corrosion all over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it was pretty fucked. I'll leave it here then and try SPI data lines and clock chip as both had corrosion.
    Thank you for your help

Comment

Yes!! It boots. No audio though.

Comment

Audio is on the IO board, so probably bad connector/cable/IO board.

Comment

Originally posted by dukefawks View Post
          Audio is on the IO board, so probably bad connector/cable/IO board.
          So I have tested 3 IO boards and cables. Bleeped out the board connector on J9500, checked all solder joints are OK.
          Checked the enables are good for audio around U8040, even replaced U6410 and anything in it's path....

I feel like I have come too far with this board to give up because of audio!
          I have pretty much rebuilt the entire board because there were little girl tears over this fucked MacBook which is why I did not just laugh and send it back.

Any more clues or are we at the end?

Thanks for your efforts

Comment

Check Q1920 circuit and all other HDA data lines.

Comment

Where is the origin of the audio signal?... I mean before amplification or anything.

Comment

The OS does at least know there is an audio device it just does not output any audio.
                Probably put this board to one side for a day or so now.

Comment

SPKRAMP_SHDN_L high? Verify voltage on C9520.
                  If you can change volume in OSX data to audio chip is ok. Try with a headphone too.

Comment

C9520 = 1.5V
                    SPKRAMP_SHDN_L = low = 0V
                    Yes level shift on volume but no Headphones output or speaker. Get audio on BlueTooth.
                    Last edited by G.Beard; 10-08-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Well SPKRAMP should be high! Is generated on the IO board. Did you check all HDA lines at J9500 on diode mode? AUD_PWR_EN high?

Comment

Well SPKRAMP should be high! Is generated on the IO board. Did you check all HDA lines at J9500 on diode mode? AUD_PWR_EN high?
                        SPKRAMP: New IO on the way in case all my IO boards are fucked which is possible I guess.
                        HDA lines on J9500 no shorts.... Are you asking exact drop across each?
                        AUD_PWR_EN high.

I live in hope that I am a complete numpty without a working OI as I may have swapped them all out. Get back in a couple of days. Actually amazed this board boots at all
                        Thanks for your help

Comment

SPKRAMP not being pulled down by the board? bad U6410, measure diode mode.

Comment

SPKRAMP not being pulled down by the board? bad U6410, measure diode mode.
                            SHDN low
                            Just found that a pads that "looked" there, are actually not there. SHDN and GAIN
                            I will replace U6410 and test diode mode etc.

Double checked continuity to all pins to J9500 back to anything audio and all good. Resistors OK, no shorts.
                            No headphones, is bluetooth, internal is recognised and volume shift.

I wonder if tying SHDN to PVDD will work
                            Last edited by G.Beard; 10-11-2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Analog section of the audio chip must not be powered. Only power source I see for that is pin 9 or 28. See if R9501 is really no stuff and check continuity of pin 9 through the connector/cable to the io board.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X