How to acquire and learn skills to use schematics!

Repairable

schematics with board view are for sale here : http://laptop-schematics.com/

thats where i got them, and i think Louis sometimes hints to them to ;)

main functions i use in the board view,

press:
N <- this gives you the option to view the rail pres N then type in the rail your looking for like PP3v42_g3h
C <- this gives you the option to search a component like the u7000
V <- shows all component names (i Always leave it off (to mutch info for my little brain)
spacebar <- turns the board to the other side.
- <- zoom out
+ <- zoom in
R <- rotates the board (the software is bugged when pressing R you get a error pres OK and then press like the - or + then the board is turned)

hope this is kinda what you where looking for..

Last edited:

Tony Tone

You have to start from square one. Finding square one is the hard part. I'm still looking. LOL! Jump in & start absorbing. Watched Louis's videos almost a whole year before I even bought anything or tried anything. Pick up the lingo, look stuff up. As far as a brain goes, I do not have. But learning more and more the gap is less impossible.

pcfriends

"R <- rotates the board (the software is bugged when pressing R you get a error pres OK and then press like the - or + then the board is turned)"

oh shit so there is a secret to make it turn I was looking for this info lol I press R and the board get crazy im going to try this thank you!

pcfriends

I don't know friends i belive that there is no escape to sit and check all the pages for hours until schematic make sense :S

aprendiz

Asking how to read a schematic is like an open question, better if you ask something specific and learn in the way....

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Asking how to read a schematic is like asking how to read the alphabet. It's just letters. The real question should be what do the words mean in context of the sentence, or what are the components doing in context of the circuit? Big picture thinking where you look at a page and understand WHY that transistor or resistor is there is what's important.

Reading a schematic is just following lines. You don't want to read it, you want to be asking questions the entire way. Why is this here, what is its purpose, what does it do, what is this page of the schematic trying to do? Try to make it really general, then as you understand more break it down into individual bits and pieces.

leonattpcs

For me, reading them is knowing what the problem is you have then finding the beginning and end of a circuit you may be looking at and filling in the gaps of: does this work or does it not?