u2301 + u2100

peterfixit

hi I've had an iphone 6 plus here for 2 months now waiting for replacement chips and have already removed then and neglected to note the orientation, does anyone have a microscope pic of these 2 without the crap on top, thanks

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I'll see if I have a 6+ tomorrow I can take a picture of if the store isn't buried under snow.

peterfixit

jessa, ive fucked something, i changed them now i have no display/backlight
pulling 0.7A from charger
all the stuff around it seems to be camera related, no short to ground nearby, where to start?

jessa

You start by showing your thinking on a problem from beginning to end. Why were you changing a camera LDO? Why also an adjacent chip for a completely unrelated system?

if you have no display, then start at the display connector. Figure out what lines likely power image and what lines provide image data. How does the device know that a screen is connected? Where do these lines go? Are there any continuity problems in any line related to display? Could a line be torn by long screw damage? Are any lines short to ground? Does the history of the phone lend any insight into how heat at the LDO's could have bothered any components related to display? Could software have become corrupted? How do you know your parts are good?

It is a myth that there is a plz bro solution to every iPhone problem. You start by learning to think and providing details of your thoughts and observations and measurements on a forum like this. If you show that you are thinking then the kind folks at Rossmann Repair Forum will likely be able to help you edit your thinking as you go.

peterfixit

the original problem was no power on either camera so after looking at it i found it was cracked, removed it (u2301) and found that , u2100 was not attached to the board. I will check all the display lines when I have time, no lsd because the screen worked fine before I messed with it, without the ability to easily fix my own fuck ups I shouldn't have taken on what I thought was a simple repair, I'm pretty much a noob at iphone logic board repair, I know the basic concepts are the same from macbook to iphone, except an iphone is a lot more sensitive