2016 A1706 Brain Dead.

Zebulon

5.1v at L3500 and 36.3mv at LB700. I've done PRAM and SMC reset a few times, but no luck.
After disconnecting J800 and having the external display connected on the usb-c port, still no display. Two things that might also be worth mentioning. 1. I only have 3 of the 4 USB post working, as one had a bad pad under it and even after running a jumper, that port is not working at all when you plug anything into it. I was planning on reworking that if the board would be worth the effort, but wasn't sure if it needed to be working right now to at least get the board running. I thought if it was an issue I would not get 20v. Am I wrong there? ... 2. I only have 1.074v on PPVCC_SO_CPU rather than 1.5. .. It also has an ohms reading of 3.0

Zebulon

Sorry, back where you asked me to post L7210 voltage after 15s. I had done that before reflashing the EFI BIOS and the readings were 1.078 on pin 2 and 1.08.2 on pin 1. Now that reading is 0.544v. PPVCC_S0_CPU is 1.074v

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
PPVCC_S0_CPU is at L7210.
No idea what you are doing there; can't help if you don't post accurate information.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If CPU core drops from 1V to 0.5V aprox, board should boot.
Unless CPU has an internal problem, which blocks it immediately after boot; maybe on iGPU side.