2018 13" MBP, to touchpad/keyboard when powered on. 820-00850

daxxone

Shift+Ctrl+Opton SMC reset works. Can't boot recover, no KB BL coming on. System was bent slightly, Replaced palmrest and screen. Same issue with replacement touchpad and keyboard. So I checked LB700, no power, looked at QB701, 11.8v on pin 8 with battery connected. Does this mean UB700 isn't turning it on? What should I look at to verify the source of my issues?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure about the tile.
KB/TP work in macOS, but no before?

L3500 and LB700 only gets power when USB-C device is detected on corresponding port.
Not related with TP/KB...

daxxone

KB/TP don't work in the OS, and don't show as connected. SMC reset works.

I need to turn my subscription back on to edit my typos... Thought it would prompt me to subscribe when I went to make a post. Rules must have changed here or my account is bugged.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Writing a post requires paid subscription.
The forum is still free to read.

Keyboard has embedded electronics, where the matrix is encoded and information sent to trackpad, through I2C_KBD_SCL/SDA lines.
Trackpad sends the information to T2 via SPI bus.
You should try known good trackpad board/flex.
SMC reset is possible, because PMU_RSLOC_RST_L doesn't pass through trackpad.

daxxone

Thought I turn off my subscription when I moved, and just getting a work flow going again, so it's good to still have this active.

I try another part and see if that works. I don't have a working model on hand, but I'll update this when I get parts in. Thanks.