820-00045 USB-C not working

donnos

Hello, i have a 820-00045 with initial had charging issues, found short c7131, replaced and device turns on now.
Charging still have some issues where only 1 side is able to charge. i replaced u4520 and now it works both side (actually i tested with chip removed and that works so no idea how u4520 prevented charging on 1 side)

now i have new issues, my USB-C is not getting power from the board so accessories don't work. i replaced u4400 and now it works on 1 side, still doesn't work on the other side. the thing is i don't know which usb pair is working, E85 N/P pair or USB Extra N/P pair. if replacing u4400 works my guess is USB extra pair works, which IC controls the other pair?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
CC1/2 lines detect and configure the charger.

Did you try another USB-C flex/connector?
Remove and inspect connector pins.

Last edited:

donnos

replaced the pin and still the same. measured using a usb C breakout board and diode readings are good.

donnos

update. i manage to fix this. So keypoint is that it USB C works 1 side and not the other. U7860 was the culprit. for the others if USB not detected, check u4520 and u4400. u7860 and u7865 for the flip side.

Pavel

Hi everybody ! Where does U7860 & U7865 uses ? I have the same problem, but don't have another motherboard 820-00045