820-00165 does not shut down

donnos

Macbook air 2017 initially came in with no boot, troubleshoot and found that SSD was dead. had it replaced and when running diagnostic and other stuff found it was laggy when on battery. found out Battery connector was broken. now also notice that the macbook will not/takes a long time to shut down. (have waited 10 mins no patience to wait longer). tried booting from a bootable hdd to rule out software and it was acting the same.

hardware wise what could cause this type of issue? Ran apple diagnostic and no issues there. it passed hardware stresstest and memtest as well.

donnos

Tried smc and nvram/pram reset and with an usb Mac os as well..same results. So it does eventually shutdown like 20 min later

donnos

that did the trick, i drill it down to SSD issue. Problem is i tried several SSD(apple ssd), known good working and tested with another macbook runs fine! but some of them were not detected at all, getting Folder logo on boot, but found 1 that boots and shut down properly now.

SSD Compatibility issue?
i remember awhile back also while doing SSD Upgrade on this model, it didn't accept the m.2 adapter version and only boots with apple ssd. never seen this on the macbook pro though. weird