820-00165 fast fan and slow mac.

iClub

good morning, using the HWMonitor the Memory Proximity sensors are at 129 degrees and the ASD test says that the SMC is with a problem.
I replaced the Q5850 and U5810, but it didn't work.

diode mode:
SMBUS_SMC_3_SDA 0.717
SMBUS_SMC_3_SCL 0.716

Do you have any other sensors that I can test?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You should start disconnecting webcam.
If still the same, then try known good trackpad flex/board and LIO flex/board.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Which ASD did you run for this board???
The ASD mod for this board was posted hours ago and I bet you didn't made it.

If you really tried all mentioned above, then you have a problem with Q5860,
Check its solders and traces to U5800.

iClub

I have replaced the u5800, SMC, Q5830, and Q5860, but the cooler is still running fast

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Seems that you have more 129 temps.
Dificil to see which exactly; you didn't even bother to upload the picture with correct orientation.

More temp errors cannot be caused by a particular sensor.
There should be some communication bus issue.

"try known good trackpad flex/board and LIO flex/board"
Did you really try all of them???

iClub

Now the keyboard and trackpad are not working, but on the Boot screen, the trackpad and keyboard work.

Askaleto

Almost exactly like my own problem. My mac is not running slow, youtube videos are smooth, but cpu stress revealed that it cannot go above 1 GHz. I also have multiple sensors reported 128 deg C. I was not able to create working ASD for my early 2015 Mac. Most probably I will not solve the problem but fix it with diodes in control of the fan to reduce voltage (—i.e. speed) and removing dual mosfet that triggers cpu prochot signal. Doggy fix as master Sorin would call it.

iclub, did you try removing u5810 from the board and testing without it? I have seen boards with 90 days warranty sold on ebay without u5810.

Last edited:

Askaleto

Yes that‘s part of the fix. Problem is that fan ramps up to the full speed until macos is booted to the desktop. Only then Mac Fan Control kicks in and slow the fan down. Also if one choose shut down or restart, Fan jumps to full speed as soon as application shuts down.

iClub

On this mac, I changed all the sensors that could cause this: SMC, U5810, Q5850, U5800, Q5860, Q5830...
I used another trackpad, flex trackpad, IO power, flex LIO, all these parts work. But it didn't work.
I will try this stopgap solution.