820-00426 Bootloop on loading

PhilipC

Machine cam in no boot with bloated battery, one of the PPVIN_S5_HS_COMPUTING_ISNS capacitors was shorted took it off.

Machine now boots but when loading macos about 1/8th of the bar is just restarts

Also are there any brd available for this? Board looks clean no liquid damage

Last edited:

PhilipC

I'm waiting for a battery, but I am testing it without battery for the time being
Have tested it with the bloated battery but same results

JohnB8812

Yeah these need a battery to boot I'm pretty sure, so I would bet bad battery/lack of battery being plugged in.

PhilipC

I normally work on older machines which work fine without batteries, thank I'll see how it goes with a battery.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Not usual, but some MacBooks require battery to work correctly.
Is better to discard a battery issue first.
If you have Medusa programmer in your hands, try to clean ME region.

PhilipC

Tried with new battery same results, the Cpu seems to be getting really hot (too hot to keep my finger on) even when just showing the flashing folder
Reseated heatsink with new thermal paste same results

Just heard of the medusa all I have is a TL866

edit: the cpu only gets hot when the trackpad is plugged in, and it boots without trackpad plugged in will try to find a different trackpad to test

Last edited:

PhilipC

Tested with new trackpad, same resuilts. CPU very hot and shutsdown when loading macos.

If i let the machine boot without trackpad then plug trackpad in i get cursor movement but no click and KB and cpu doesnt get abnormally hot

Last edited: