820-00928 Resetting USB-C

brunomotter

Hello. Got this board from another store. It has already been poked/cleaned, so I don't have its history. Apparently no missing components. If I plug USB-C charger I get 5V on FB200 and F3000 does't matter if the USB-C cable is reversed or not. On the other 2 fuses I only get 5V if it's on an specific side, if I reverse it I get 0V. All ports, when they get 5V they keep reseting the USB-C Amp Meter cycling. Already tried replacing UB300 on the dark as I'm suspecting one of the controllers is bad, but don't want to replace them all to find out it was the very last one that was bad. I could not find any shorts on the board, as commonly found on this model.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"I get 5V on FB200 and F3000 does't matter if the USB-C cable is reversed or not."
Connecting charger tp wich ports?
Mentioned fuses are not in the same side.

Compare diode mode readings around CD3215 between left/right.
Pay atention to CC1/2 lines...

brunomotter

Connecting cable to their respective ports of course... Will take measurements in diode mode... I was already doing it, but didn't finish yet.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I don't exactly understand about 5V on the fuse explained on first post.
I was thinking that you get 5V at both F3000 and FB200 at same time; seems is not the case.

One fuse must get 5V, no matters how the charger is connected on its port; upside-down, or right-up.
Should have a problem with the ports where you get 5V one way only.