820-00967 component identify

Kappy

We have an iMac Pro 27" 2017 here that someone has tried to repair but in taking the logicboard out have pulled a component off. The original fault was that it wasn't booting, which I suspect is a problem with the T2 but they decided to replace the power board and hence damaged the board.

Can any identify what this component is and would it be detrimental to it starting.

iFixit mentioned AQUANTIA AQtion AQC107-B1-C PCIe to multi-gigabit ethernet controller so i'm thinking it's a filter and wouldn't stop the iMac from starting.

Attachments

• 001 [800x600].jpg
    001 [800x600].jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 002 [800x600].jpg
    002 [800x600].jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
LAN controller shouldn't be a problem for starting.
However, be sure no short to ground from the pads of broken coil.

Do you get any voltage on the board now?

Kappy

No short to ground on the broken coil.

At the moment I have 12v coming from the power board (4 screw terminals light the Apple dustbin), no lights on the diag but if I press the reset button (like on the A1534, A1932) and keep it pressed I get one light. Once I let go the light goes off. 3.3v at the power button but shorting the connector doesn't change anything.

I can't find any schematics on this and not sure if there's anything similar that I can use as this iMac is completely different to any of the others that I have worked on.

Have you working on this model? Any suggestions?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I saw the boardview on XinZhiZao server.
Schematic is available on Internet.

Can you put the machine in DFU mode?

Kappy

I hear a lot about XinZhiZao server but I've never been able to find it. Do you have to pay? is there a direct link?

So I've learnt something new about the iMac Pro. The button under the diagnostic lights is used to display the lights when pressed. This was showing 1 light and after using configurator to revive the iMac Pro it's started working again.

I'm going to have to leave the coil as it is for now as I don't know what the value is until I get hold of the schematics.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can replace with tiny wire jumpers.
XinZhiZao 1 year subscription is available for aprox US50$; not too much for the information they have.
I didn't see 00967 boardview in other place.

However, the schematic is available on Internet.

Kappy

Thanks... I will look at XinZhiZao. My firewall won't allow it and that's why I couldn't find any info on it.

yair37

sorry that i jumping this after a year..
but i have exactly the same case..same component broke link i the picture..but i get error 9 at Apple configurator!
the imac was working fine, i was just upgrade the ssd and the memory, and after that its happened.
i was also put back the old ssd and memory and the same..
also try to see if any other component that was damage but cant find... any idea?

yair37

update:
there was small broken resistor(not near T2) ...i was replace him.
now it pass the restore and change to booted status in the end but nothing on the screen and no usb activity..
any idea?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Ooops, I jsut saw R9003 is 100K; so no reason to get burnt.
It is not a series resistor on the power rail.

Check L9090...