820-01041 A1990 (2018) EFI password unlock.

Narek

Recently I got this machine for EFI unlock. It has T2 chip onboard. So I read about EFI unlock for these devices and got a bit confused. There is misinformation in this topic. Some people think, that it’s possible to read T2 ROM chip and remove EFI password like on machines without T2. Some think, that’s it’s impossible. So how it is? I was successful to read T2 ROM chip, but there is nothing similar to previos generation boards EFI. What is your experience in this field? All these unlocking programmers are just scam?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
CheckM8 just does a bypass.
It must be done each time after new macOS installation.
SoC ROM (U4770) is not the BIOS, which is saved into T2.

T203 pendrive sold by chinese is supposed to save the money needs to pay every time for CheckM8 online bypass.
We don't have a real feedback about how good it is...

Narek

@2informaticos, thank you for info. I’m not going to get involved into such solutions for now, computer gets back to the customer. From one side it’s pity, that Apple has moved BIOS into T2, but from another side - previous “security” of EFI was funny… any person with cheapest programmer could remove password.

Dozer

in all the videos is to see after bypassig installing osx catalina.
is it possible to install ventura? and after every update its needfull to bypass agein, yes?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I think check8m service is paid once and you can use it more times in the same machine.
Check their website...