820-01521-1

iFix

Hi guys.

I have this A1932 Mac and it's no power. I get 20v when and the amps go to 0.099 go back down to 0 ans stays like that. I noticed once it went to 0.300 and that was it. No short circuits or components found and no liquid damage, no burned parts and the laptop it's in perfect condition.

PP5V_G3S -5v
PP3v3_G3S - 3v
PP1V8_G3S - 1.8v
PP3v_G3H - 3.3v

Any suggestions would be good :) I have couple of days to fix this one, then client goes abroad.

Thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Any liquid sign on the audio board/flex?
Did you test the board alone on the desk?
Is the machine recognized in DFU?

iFix

No signs of liquid anywhere, I checked under the microscope, but I will check again. Evey the board alone it's the same. Haven't tried DFU mode still, but I will try also

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can try wire method.
Be aware, this board doesn't have dedicated pads to force DFU.
You should solder the wire from pin1/R8010 to any 1V8_SLPS2R point.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
What error do you get?

Just in case, make backup of SoC ROM, blank it and should go to DFU automatically.

iFix

Hi. Continuing on this one, been some time. It goes into DFU mode now, but it cannot do all the way through, do I post the error?

iFix

I haven't tried but I can do that. Also, I have another A1932 powering on maybe I can transfer the SOC Rom and try with it

iFix

I tried another ROM chip from a working board but stays on 5v. I blanked the original chip from the board and it goes directly into DFU mode now, What option is the best to choose to flash a new file ?

iFix

I tried both, and there is no need for the data the client has a backup. Not sure if the T2 has some issue