820-2330-A no green or orange light / does not start

Berky

Thank you very much for your patience. I change U5001 and now also the Green LED lights up but I still doesn't Start up. I take SMC_onoff too.

Berky

PPVIN_S5_P5VP3V3 on pin 1 of C4240 is only 0,8V.
pin 16 (VIN) of U7201 is 0,8V too.
I check PP3V42_G3H_PWRCTL and find pin 1 on R7802 is 0V.
is it normal ?

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
You said there was 12V on F7040 so there should be 12V at pin 16 U7201. Read the diagram. Got 3V on L7260 and 1.05 on L7770?

Berky

3V on L7260 and 1.05 on L7770 is nothing only 0V!
F7040 is 0,8V too.
Few minutes ago there were still 12,6V. its sporadic, I don't no:(
From U7000 on point 23 (Chgr_Phase) is only 0,8V. Why?
is isl6258a broken

Last edited:

Berky

Thank you, that here in the Forum will help one, the help comes unfortunately dicing. My last post was 5 hours ago.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Let's cover two things.

Firstly, 0.8v on PPBUS_G3H usually means PP3V42_G3H is missing. Without PP3V42_G3H going to the ISL, it will not produce more than 0.7v-0.8v. You have been measuring, probing around, and replacing chips powered by PP3V42_G3H. Is PP3V42_G3H still present? If it goes away, 0.7v-0.8v is what you get on CHGR_PHASE.

Secondly, I think this is a good time to set a precedent here: this is the second time you've mentioned that. This isn't something I felt like making into a sticky or getting into too far, but it's something that will have to be discussed sooner or later, and this is a better time than any.

In the first page of the thread, duke helped you and you ignored his help, ignored his question, did something differently than what he asked, and complained that no one was helping you. Now, you have received a lot of help, but seem irritated that we did not reply again immediately.

I can't speak for Duke, but I personally appreciate every single person who decided to give up their hard earned $29/month for the ability to receive advice from us. Thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart, all of you, for doing that. Seriously, not trolling here; it is appreciated, and we will work our asses off to live up to that.

THAT BEING SAID :)

I am more than happy to refund your money early into your subscription if you feel this is not helpful. I do not want to foster an environment of people ignoring advice, doing the opposite of what we say, and then getting mad when it doesn't work out. Further, I do not want to set the precedent of there being an expectation that every single question will have instant answers. Above all, I cannot set a precedent that every board is fixable. Many are fixable, but many are trash. I log into this place at least seven times a day, often from the gym, work, train, before I go to sleep... I can't be at a point where when I log in, I have to worry that people are angry that I haven't logged in enough. $29/month buys answers, but if I have to tell duke that he has to stop his BGA machine in the middle of a $500 repair to post here, I'm going to have to pay him considerably more money. He is a limited resource you will not find anywhere else. The same goes for myself with this: If I have to jump out of a security system installation because someone is going to get mad that a brunch question was answered at lunchtime, then the rate is not going to be $29. More like $500.

Duke and I are where we are because we spend 25 hours a day in front of these problems beating our head against the wall to figure them out, on systems that were never meant to be documented or troubleshooted by technicians. This is what makes us good at our job; please understand this. Please don't abuse this resource by throwing a fit if you do not receive an instant reply.

If you feel the need to do so, or if these terms do not make sense, I have no problem refunding you.

Berky

I have not ignored Duke. I had not correctly understood his question, because my English is not good. I have the most translation so I understand you can. I also have a business to run and am very busy. I understand that you have to do very much and respect that. I am concerned not $29. I thought that I'll ignore knowledge because of my bad English. You have misunderstood me.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. What if anything has changed between PPBUS_G3H being present to it being 0.8v? Also, is PPBUS_G3H a steady 0.8v or 12.3v then dropping to 0.8v over time?

Repairable

Berky he means
Ppbus_g3h must be 12,5 volts

What happend when it was First 12,5v and now 0,8v
What chips did you change