820-2530 wont turn on

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still not aware of the real resistance of PP3V42_G3H to ground or its voltage. It can't be 2 ohms to ground and 2.6v.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
If it is 2 ohms, then inject 3.42v on PP3V42_G3H and find what gets hot. There is a short. But I still find it hard to believe it is 2 ohms if you measured 2.6v before, something isn't right in these measurements.

Remove L6995, place 3.42v from bench power supply where pin 2 of L6995 would go, and ground of bench power supply on ground. Is it delivering excessive current? If NOT, try actually plugging the magsafe in after you inject 3.42v and see if it'll give a green light or turn on.

aprendiz

Put two PC power supply in serie, isolate ground from first PSU, there you will have 24V, 17V, 15V, 12V, 8V, 5V and 3.3V with a lot of amps, if you want variable voltage, use linear regulator LM317, put 5 in parallel to increase amperage on regulated line to about 7.5AMP and a voltage from 1.5V min- 24V max... This was my first power supply :)

Kyle

I have made more progress on this motherboard. I now have my 12V and 3V coils and am only missing my 5V coil after replacing U7200.

What do you check to get 5V coil?