820 2610 No Backlight

Aldizi

LCD connector was greenish had pin 39 and 40 looked really bad replaced connector replaced cable replaced LCD. I'm not getting voltage on those pins either. Still no back light.

Aldizi

Duke image is present yes and I'm very sorry for the lack luster description. I wasn't sure how to find the back light circuit on this one because i believe you need to have an LCD attached for it to worked is this accurate ?

Aldizi

Louis I need to talk to you about something privately... Not about money, or favor or anything wierd just had a really good idea for your channel of something i noticed recently but i do not wish to make public. Your inbox on forums is full and i dont have your email. I dont believe you use skype anymore or maybe im blocked lol..

Aldizi

Replaced the fuse i have backlight but its every other led... that lights up so their is like a spot light effect.

Aldizi

Ordered need connectors new LVDS cable and new LCD... Will post update soon thanks for your patience.

dukefawks

Administrator
Fuse is fine and can of course not cause this issue. I have no idea what those measurements are, without context.

Aldizi

These are the diode mode readings.. "Diode mode all the LED return lines on the connector." Its fixed now the LCD is working well after a Brand new connector install but the fans are spinning up now loud it wasnt doing that before and its taking forever to load stuff... mac was booting fine just no backlight originally before I messed with it. What would cause this.. ?

Aldizi

ASD Checked out fine. I ran the fan test and it gave me an error says motors failed to spin up properly or something

Aldizi

One of the fans was bad replaced everything was fine started to get a flickering green on the left corner of the LCD. Customer got frustrated replaced the board entirely i think this could have been bad soldering the the lvds connector my brain was fried on this.