820-2838 won`t power up

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
The reason duke asked you to remove R7252 is because this is what sits between the enable signal and U7201. If U7201 is fucked and shorting to ground, it will pull that enable signal to ground as well. We are pulling off R7252 as a way to isolate where the issue is.

We have one of two issues.

1) P3V3S5_EN is being CREATED, but shorted to ground by defective U7201(replace U7201 as solution)
2) P3V3S5_EN is not being created at all(investigate why P3V3S5_EN is missing as solution)

Measure P3V3S5_EN without R7252 here.

You should follow the advice, but also ask in your head, why is duke asking me to do this? If you do this you will catch up with our reasoning and troubleshooting methods far faster than if you just follow what we say! Nothing will "happen" when R7252 is removed because R7252 being removed removes the path between the 3.3v rail enable signal and the chip responsible for 3.3v creation. This advice is not intended as a fix, but rather, as a troubleshooting tactic.

Glenn

I asked what happened to P3V3S5_EN. Is it still 1,56V?

Sorry was was little too fast to answer. On p3v3s5_en i get 3.4V now. So then i have to replace the u7201?
Could i buy this on ebay?

Thaks for your comment louis im tray to ask what my shelf whay people whant me to too tings and tray to figure it out on the pdf file but all that is new for me have never seen a schematic befor in my life :)

Glenn

Thanks for all help. Will tray to replace U7201 and the resistor. This's U7201 is not programmed so i can replace it with a new from ebay? I have no donor board.

Glenn

Ok have now replaced the u7201 hopefully it's ok. But when I put the magsafe in it smoked from PPBUS_G3H and the shit is got burned ? Maby I was too fast to putt the magsafe in after alcohol cleaning?

Glenn

in diode mode i get 1,696 on P3V3S5_DRVH. thats mean i have a short on it? then i mabye something went wrong when replacing the u7201?

Glenn

Ok all fine with the u7201 and i have replaced the Q7260.

Now when i put the magsafe in the C7755 get very hot and i get 0.001 in diode mode so maybe this is brooken too? Ore maby the problem is u1400??

dukefawks

Administrator
This all does not sound very good :( Do you even have PP3V3_S5 now from U7201? If C7755 gets hot it will be dead, replace it.

Glenn

I think that I have destroyed the entire motherboard .. removed u 7201 again last night and now I have many a points on u7201 giving me O L. nothing get hot and nothing starts up now. possible has a possibility I can not even fathom U7201.. mabye i heat the U7201 to mutch?

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Powering it up without U7201 may also cause everything to fry. Without U7201 there is nothing to control the FETS and they can pass full PPBUS voltage to 3V or 5V bus. This thing is now fucked.

dukefawks

Administrator
I have no more ideas on this one, it died, smoked and who knows what is all wrong with it now. Smokified trash pile I think.