820-2850 green light no boot no fan spin ppbus_g3h 4v

protocold

yes, actually not exactly pin 10 and pin 11 as the ISL6259 has been removed as per your instruction.

I measured these value at R5280 and R5281 and diode mode show these value.. are they not normal?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Less than 1% difference allowed.
Remove other components connected on that bus and check again.

Last edited:

protocold

the diode mode value of pin 10 seems to be correct as I cross checked with a good board.

the other components on the pin 11 bus seems to be only: J6950 , J6955, C6953 (removed), D6950 (removed), R5281(resistance value is good and same as R5280) and the SMC

Did I miss anything?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Pin 11 has too high reading; supposing you measured with red probe at ground.
So is not the case to remove something from that line.
Your problem is a broken trace, or bad solder at SMC probably, or U7000.

Last edited:

protocold

Yes but you told me to remove the U7000 already... so with U7000 out, those are the reading from pin 10 and pin 11 and you said less than 1% difference allowed.

When you said "Remove other components connected on that bus", were you refering to components that are attached to pin 10 or pin 11?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You have a higher value than expected on the SCL line.
In such case should be broken line, or bad solder.
But high value can be normal if both SMC and U7000 are removed.
If at least one is on the board, the value should be around 550-700, like you have on SDA.

If none (SMC, or U7000) are soldered, then maybe SDA line has problems, because should be higher in such case.
Then you can suspect a component with leakage.

How ever, you should check disconnecting J6955 and may need to remove C6952/53 (if present).