820-2850 Random Shutdown and Restarts with grey error message on screen...

Aldizi

So i have an 820-2850 board. Computer shuts down and restarts when i run valley bench marking tool while on battery.. On the power cord issue takes alot longer to happen but does happen alot more rare.

Aldizi

Whoa sry guys i was out of town thankyou for the replies.... after Replacing c9560 I got a chime but no video on the lcd.. I tryed an external monitor and its working fine?... What did i do ?

Aldizi

how did i manage that did i install the wrong kind of cap which cap should i be putting here?

dukefawks

Administrator
C9560 has nothing to do with the backlight. No idea what is going on. Is there even a picture? Fuse blown? Short on backlight rails? Damaged connector/cable?

Aldizi

Sry duke let me clear this up. The unit originally worked fine.. In valley the 3d benchmarking software. The computer would just shut off out of now where.... You guys told me to replace C9560... i tried that when i reassembled the unit had no back light. Im not sure if its relevant but maybe i installed the wrong kind of capacitor... or i messed something up while reassembling the unit? Eitherway i tried troubleshooting this but i dont know where to start the issue now is i have no backlight. I tryed a new lcd no dice.

Aldizi

I see. Yup mis understood. There is a picture its just the backlight. I will troubleshoot the backlight rails and post some voltages soon enough.