820-2850 Screen Whites Out Wheel Spins Desktop Shows But Mouse And Keyboard Freezes

supamodz

Hi guys im Working on a 820-2850 Core I5 Unit, which was repaired by l2 computer. Now its in my hands trying to figure out what is causing the mouse and keyboard to freeze. It turns on fine but the screen will go white for 5 seconds then wheel spins, after that the desktop shows but mouse and keyboard stops working. My customer replaced the hard drive and same problem, i ran asd on efi and test passed any ideas on what could cause this.

dukefawks

Administrator
Replace C9560 with normal size cap, but this seems like a complete lock-up. External mouse also locks up? Could also be one bad memory slot. Or just completely fucked up by L2 and FUBAR.

supamodz

Replace C9560 with normal size cap, but this seems like a complete lock-up. External mouse also locks up? Could also be one bad memory slot. Or just completely fucked up by L2 and FUBAR.

Hi duke, I replaced C9560 With A poly from a 820-3115 same issue. But upon further testing the usb ports are completely down, i tested the keyboard controller chip U5701 for power at pins 22 and 49 for pp3v3. i get like 3.28 volts which is pretty close but upon further inspection of the board, l2 computer fucked with U3700 and a bunch of other components in that area i tested U3700 For power and it also has pp3v3 present. Is it possible one of these chips are faulty? i don't have a matching board to try it out.

dukefawks

Administrator
I have no idea what they fucked up. I doubt this will be worth the headache.
Is the machine locking up or is just the USB that stops working? Play a video and see if it keeps going once USB stops.

supamodz

I have no idea what they fucked up. I doubt this will be worth the headache.
Is the machine locking up or is just the USB that stops working? Play a video and see if it keeps going once USB stops.

complete lock up mouse is frozen keyboard does not type and usb ports are dead but boots up to the desktop fine

dukefawks

Administrator
You did not answer my question. All things you mentioned are USB devices, so I don't know if it is just USB that stops or the whole system.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
l2 are you kidding me, GPU reflowed 20x over without even removing the edge bonding. this is junk!!

supamodz

You did not answer my question. All things you mentioned are USB devices, so I don't know if it is just USB that stops or the whole system.

let me explain again, the system turns on boots up to the desktop but after it loads the mouse pointer is stuck and does not move keyboard does not type trackpad does not function and if i plug in a usb thumb drive it does nothing it should light up.

supamodz

l2 are you kidding me, GPU reflowed 20x over without even removing the edge bonding. this is junk!!

are you serious how the fuck do they reflow without removing the boding i suspect they fucked with the gpu. ill try replacing those chips i mentioned cost me 40 bucks for 2 donor boards if it does not work i will trash.

JorgePayar

let me explain again, the system turns on boots up to the desktop but after it loads the mouse pointer is stuck and does not move keyboard does not type trackpad does not function and if i plug in a usb thumb drive it does nothing it should light up.

Did you run ASD EFI? Is the mouse working in EFI mode?Is it getting stucked like in OSX?
Did you run ASD OS? Do you have the same problem like in OS X
Did you try replacing ram modules?Did you try with another HDD or SDD? When you get wheel spinning could be because of ram or hdd most of the times.
Do you get any light from an external mouse when you plug in into the usb ports? Which ones are working?Which ones are not?

Last edited: