820 2850, with Battery Freez

Noguinfor

Hey guys,

this one with battery plugged freezes on logo apple! But if i run with charger work's well!

Already replace the famous capacitor! don't have corrosion,signals off liquids and no one touch !

ideas??

thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Does it freeze on battery onlly, or even charger and battery connected at the same time?
Did you try one (known good) memory module at a time, each slot?

Noguinfor

Yes battery + charger freezes too!!forgot to say that!!

yes, already test slot by slot with different rams "with battery" and freeze! even now i test bat + charge with only ram on 1rst slot, the machine start to beep "NO RAM" and after that i remove the battery plug the charger without touch on ram and the mac start well!! strange problem.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
PRAM reset done?
Disconnect internal HDD and try your USB test OSX.
You can also try an W10 live-USB and Linux.

Noguinfor

Yes already test a good battery!!

i try to boot with external HD with internal disconnected and with battery freeze even without external HD or internal HD!

but without battery works well on internal HD or EXternal HD! If i run the mac without battery when I'm on osx, plugging the battery the mac still working well even i remove the charger! But if i restart the mac he freeze!
i need to do a PRAM to working on charger!

i also noticed when i do a shift+ctrl+alt + power nothing happens unless the green light on charger goes off!

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
What happens if you start in SMC bypass mode, with both battery and charger connected?
Can you run ASD?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Disconnect HDD and unmark Memory and HHD test options in ASD.
Also set On Error option to Continue...

Noguinfor

hey,

after run the ASD the machines don't show any error! but even worse is that the laptop started working well after that! i have tested this mac on last 2 days and he works well with battery + charge and only battery!

I have a lot of fear in these cases. i don't want to send this mac for the client and after one week it come again! on this cases what you do ??

thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try different (original) chargers?
This board only starts with 85W charger without battery; same if battery is competely drained.