820-2879 works extremely slow, fan is going high

arash

ASD shows the following problems:
Temperture (Ts0P) - unable to read sensor
SMC: SMC PID Sensor check - The SMC's PID Sensor check has been tripped
Thanks for the help guys

arash

Louis, thanks for your reply.
Replaced the trackpad with the trackpad cable, the same problems above now apear randomly - after a few minutes, they come and go.
ASD shows only the "SMC: SMC PID Sensor check - The SMC's PID Sensor check has been tripped" error. Hope it's not the SMC chip.
In PBUS Voltage Sense Enable & Filter circuit ---- C5385 has 1.6V when in battery use, with charger - 2.0V.
PPBUS_G3H is 9V in battery use, with charger - 11.5V

dukefawks

Administrator
Maybe trackpad connector was damaged, inspect and replace. I assume you changed the complete trackpad+cable as one unit.

arash

Yes , I've tried with various trackpads / trackpad cables, it seems this is not the cause of the problem. Any other directions?

dukefawks

Administrator
Diode mode on pin 17 and 19 of trackpad connector? Also disconnect Airport cable as this shares the data bus with the trackpad sensor.

arash

Thank you. Diode mode on pin 17 and 19 of trackpad connector = 0.597V when Airport cable is disconnected. Also the Mac works perfectly fine like that. R5270 = 0.998 Kohm, R5271 = 0.952 Kohm. R5271 allows 5% deviation - right on the border. Could that be it or should I look elsewhere?

dukefawks

Administrator
So with airport disconnected it is ok? Then it is probably the cable or the connector, try with other LCD assembly