820-2915 3 beeps Swapped ram and used top/bottom slots

Chuck60

Hi I have another one of these. I’m getting 3 beeps. Fan is spinning and I checked u7300 enable signals and output at L7330 on pin 2 I have 1.5v. With no ram present it beeps once every second with ram installed it beeps 3 times. I tried 3 different modules. So I need some help

Chuck60

I did the one you told me to order. All lights illuminated. There like 5-6 leds that are brighter than others. :/ I also ordered a t866ii programmer to try a new clean bios. Do you know where I can find Both Versions? these boards can from a repair shop and aren’t in good shape :(

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
3 beeps point to RAM issue always.
There are probably some power lines, not connected to LEDs on test card.
Check the solders near the edge of RAM slots.

The brighter LEDs patron must be always the same.

Try this file, just in case...

Chuck60

Thank you. You are always a great help :) I recurved the programmer on Monday-Wednesday I’ll let you know how it goes
Thanks once again

Chuck60

Well I got the programmer and well 2 things I don’t know how to use it :/ and another bios does with the same numerations Also had 3 beeps :/ I guess it time to check all the power lines again :( if you come up with anything let me know I’ll be tracing from the ram to see what’s going on and out :/

Chuck60

I checked them they’re all good. But I’ll go over them again. I also checked each pin individually for connection to ram. May I ask you can a question? I see their are several phases of the cpu is it at all possible that it not passing the data integrity because the cpu isn’t at the proper state for checking data integrity? I’m sorry if this sounds ridiculous. Also is there a reset signal that might be suspending the cpu or like a sleep state ?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If you get error beeps, CPU is up and running.
But it encounters a communication problem with RAM modules.
Check DDRVTT voltage also.

Chuck60

Ok I went over all the voltages and they all where present. What I did find was pm_mem_Pwrgd is 1.4v on q3220, r1120 pin2 its also 1.4v I was thinking it was low but being that it’s also going to the u1800 maybe It isn’t. Pm_mem_pwrgd_L is .560mv So by the voltage divider it should be .800mv. since it’s being pulled low i believe it’s Still working ok and it’s passing pm_mem_pwrgd but is 1.4v The correct voltage for this rail?
Are these voltages correct?

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
R1120 pulls-high PM_MEM_PWRGD to 1.5V so the voltage is correct there.

"So by the voltage divider it should be .800mv"
I suppose you are talking about P1V5_S0_DIV; it enables Q3220 which pulls-down PM_MEM_PWRGD_L.
All that circuit is OK there...