820-2936 - Fan On and Off

menatwork

Is really hard to keep my name in this forum. You really don't help the guys out and treat everybody like stupid.

menatwork

larossmann Can u give me a idea?

U7200:
Pin 1: 0
pin 2: 2v
pin 3: 10.77
pin 4: 3.34v
pin 5: 0
pin 6: 0.771v
7 0
8 3.3v
9 4.5
10 0
11 0
12 0
13 3.4
14 2v
15 12v
16 12.61v
17 3.4v
18 0.11v
19 0
20 0
21 0
22 4.5v
23 0
24 0

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
You killed U7200 or it is badly soldered. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. I cannot help you repair a board if everything you touch gets fucked up.

menatwork

dukefawks I just soldering i new one U7200

Pin 3 = 2v
Pin 4 = 3.3V
pin 5 = 2.1v
Pin 6 = 0.72
pin 7 = 0
Pin 8 = 3,3v
Pin 9 = 4.56v ??
Pin 10 = 3.4
Pin 11 = 3.4
12 = 0.97v
13 = 3.4v
14 =2V
16 = 12V
17 = 5v
19 = 0
20 = 0
21 = 0
22 = 4.56v
23 =0
24 = 0

menatwork

R7260 - 0.5 Ω (looks ok to me), If i get OL, just replaced i probably get this board back. But that't not the case.

menatwork

Q7221

2 - 3.4 (p5vs_en_l)
3 - 0.72 (p3v3s5_entrip)
5 - 0 (p3v3s5_en_l)
6 - 0 p5vs_entrip

That's means right to you?

menatwork

I fixed more then 15 boards after i get a training with larossmann a 8 months ago.
Before i just watch his videos and try understand how this things works.
Here i am, learn by watch another post, bc is impossible learn something with your "engineer mood".
That's why you think i don't learn, sorry.

Last edited:

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
U7200 Do you think has a problem?
Short to ground in PP5V_S0 C7860 - 14.67 k

Here you are calling 14,670 ohms a short to ground. A short to ground is extremely low resistance to ground so all power gets shunned to ground. Does 14.67 kiloohms sound like a short to ground, or a high resistance? There is nothing wrong with U7200.

Just replaced U7200 and i dont get FAN.

This was turning on and off - U7200 was working. You replaced it, and it doesn't work. This means U7200 was fine before, but is not fine now. The only logical conclusion we can come to is that you took a board that was most likely not fixable and made it even more broken - which means we are getting nowhere.

We are here for what?

The idea with this forum is that we give you ideas when we can, and you run with it. Most will run with it, learn as they go, and get things working again. Some will not. Pattern recognition and learning from mistakes as we go is the most important thing in this business.

We're over eight months into this and you're calling 14,000+ ohms a short to ground. So we think to ourselves, "if we keep providing help, will he learn?" and the answer becomes "probably not - he still doesn't understand the idea of a short circuit to ground or resistance measurements." Then the question is asked, "have you explained this to him before?" and the answer is "yes". Then we have posts like here where you say you have backlight, then post a value for pin 3 of Q9706 that makes it impossible for backlight to exist. We have posts where you've told us you were troubleshooting one board when you were troubleshooting another, when the boards in question share no physical likeness. We ask you if there is a short to ground and you replace a resistor instead. Here you told us you didn't have 3v when you did have 3v.. Here you proposed an impossible scenario where there was 16v on the pp3v42 input, no pp3v42, but pp3v42 from a battery on a board that was turning on and booting earlier in the thread.

If we can't trust your measurements, can't trust your soldering, can't trust that you're learning from our posts, and can't trust that you'll answer the question asked, this all becomes completely hopeless. We aren't hiding magical solutions from you because we're miserable pricks. We need to work with you to make these work again. We can't do the soldering and measuring for you, and we can't see the boards. That part we must trust you do properly on your end. Time and time again this is something that we can't trust you with, and if we can't trust you to do your part, then there's no help we can provide.

Duke is the best you'll ever find at blind troubleshooting these boards blind over the internet, and this is him at the end of his rope at realizing that you aren't getting it. Honestly, at this point, this forum is probably not the best place for you to continue with troubleshooting, but I don't know where else you'll receive anything close to what he's offering.

At this point, you can either choose to try and improve in the areas you're not excelling at, or give up, but given the current course there really isn't anything else we can do to help you here. Ask questions like is 14kohms a short to ground, or high resistance? If this is not a short to ground, why am I replacing a working chip? Why is the chip that worked before dead now?

Last edited:

jessa

Hey Menatwork,
I rarely fix MacBooks but I'll give you some advice anyway.
1.) Not all boards are repairable. Accept that.

2.) You can't make a hard board easy. Just because you are familiar with one problem doesn't make the board in front of you have that problem.

3.) When a mentor tells you that a hard board is not repairable there is no amount of "what do I test next?" That will turn it into a repairable board.

4). It is entirely possible to inspire a mentor to become personally invested in your success. This does not happen by paying a few bucks for forum membership a month. It happens by asking thoughtful questions that show you are learning. It happens when you show what you learned from a stupid mistake. It happens when you ask questions that the mentor can see themselves asking when they were in your shoes. Mentors are people, and can get frustrated when they do invest in helping someone and see that their words fell on deaf ears, or entitled ears, or the ears of someone with not enough core analytical reasoning to succeed. Learn how to inspire mentors to help you.

With the relatively small amount of Macbook knowledge that I have, this is what your repair looks like to me.

It sounds like you had ppbusg3h, which means you would have to have pp3v42. Your problem here is beyond this.

You provided a few measurements and were told that the board is not repairable but you didn't accept that.

You tried to make a hard board easy by blindly applying irrelevant solutions that will solve easy boards. tps51125 chip problems are common on easy boards so you changed the tps51125 chip. And the minimal function the board did have was lost--meaning that you must have replaced it not only in vain but poorly.

Then it seems like you went on to misdiagnose a short. Then you showed a fundamental lack of understanding what a short is by trying to solve your "short" by replacing s component that has no path to ground.

how maddening it must be to watch you make these fundamental mistakes for anyone with even the most modest investment in your success.

So what to do now?

You need some redemption, son! Your next step is to redeem yourself in the eyes of your mentors by doing the following:

Tell them exactly why there was zero chance that the tps51125 chip had anything to do with the problem this board has.

Tell them what a short is, how you would measure it, and if a line is short--what kinds of components could potentially be the cause of the short to ground and which ones could never be the cause of a short to ground.

I'll get you started. When I have a line with a short to ground, and there is an inductor coil on that line, the coil is:
A) sometimes the cause of a short to ground or
B) it's never the coil

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: