820-3023 Stuck on chime

2andrewd

Okayyy.... this one,

Reaches S0, chimes, screen light turns on then right at the end of the initial chime it immediately restarts and gives about 3/4 length incomplete chime, restarts, gives a half chime and repeats each time less and less chime audible.

2andrewd

I was thinking maybe spi so temp swapped one in, was able to reset pram and smc. Couple more power cycles and it returned. Any thoughts on what that could be? Will post more details shortly

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
sandy bridge airs are the second worst behind the MCP79u airs. This is a case for the bin at this point.

2andrewd

I could resell it on eBay with the same ethics as the original seller. These boards come with either nothing wrong at all or as garbage failed attempted repair.

grmacs

NOt sure if this is appropriate to post on someone else's post, but I thought important for people to see my soltuion:

I had this exact same issue on 3023 board that would intermittently have this issue. WHen it did boot, the camera didn't work. I tried with different camera and camera worked. Then it hit me maybe the bad camera was what was causing the issue. In my case it would only have this issue with the bad camera plugged in. Prior to this, I had tried cleanme on BIOS, trying different BIOS, Replacing the ROM chip, reflowing the ram chips, and USC and the problem would return once I reassembled everything. Apparently I just hadn't made the correlation that the problem only existed albeit intermittent, with the bad camera plugged in.

Last edited: