820-3115-B no Boot

Fizzl92

Hello,
today i am working on an 820-3115-B that wont boot. It turns on, dvd drive makes its "sound" but no chime, no Boot, no Backlight and no picture. Also its not working on an external display. SMC reset is also not possible (tried with external keyboard too). There are some slightly brown pads on the board but no waterdamage. From there i have no idea where to look next.

dukefawks

Administrator
0.95V on Vcore is the correct voltage for a board that is at least doing something. Does it beep without RAM, 4 pin speaker in the case needs to be connected.

Fizzl92

Unfortunately i dont have a BIOS reader yet. I wan to buy one soon. I send these out to somebody who can fix these. But grerat to know that you would do it here. If i have Bios problems again i´ll let you know. Thanks alot.

dukefawks

Administrator
Just buy a $30 TL866 and do this yourself. Who knows what the other guy is doing to the ME region and stuff. Do it yourself and get it done 100% correct.

Fizzl92

I just bought one. It should arrive on Friday. I´ll try to read and upload the BIOS here because i have no clue how i can fix a BIOS file myself... Thank you very much!!
I think i got this wrong but i noticed that the TL866 can also read eg. TSOP48 ICs. Means that, that it can read the data stored on TSOP48 Flash ICs (like the 8 or 16 GB modules used in USB-Sticks) with this programmer too?