820-3115-B no Boot

Fizzl92

Thank you. I guess my TL866 has some problems. Today it wont read any IDs and the self test fails with an overcurrent ERROR... So i send it back and wait for the new one to arrive...I´ll let you know it the file works if i have the new reader here...

Fizzl92

Yes, without chip installed. I also disconnected the cable from the 40 pin interafce to be sure tht thats not the issue.. The error comes only up at one pin. I did it at least 10 times and everytime the same error... Maybe thats why it gave me different readings from the same chip yesterday...

Fizzl92

No Title

New programmer arrived. Self test works this time. I tried your fixed file on 2 different chips from 820-3115-B donors and on the original IC. Before that i read the progeramm again from the original chip. All three failed during programming with different errors. I attached two of the Errors. But ID check always works now and i can read and programm all ICs without problems. I also attached the file i saved from the original Chip with the new programmer. Maybe that one is deiiferent from theole ones...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5EhUh5agFcuSUJiNG0zMFR4MEpNQjdRSDBwLW5CbmtCSWhF/view?usp=drivesdk

Attachments

• photo1636.png
    photo1636.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1637.png
    photo1637.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
Flaky connections in your adapter. MX chips are 100% known to work, I believe there may be some issues with the Q064 ones.
Maybe USB port not supplying enough current. TL866 normally works very well and easy.

Fizzl92

I tried few more times and it always fails. But it fails not during programming. It fails during verifying... Original IC was Q064. I took a Q064 from another 820-3115-B programmed it (it failed again) and soldered it on to the board and it seems to work normally so far. It boots up fine and runs for 2 hours now without noticable problems. But if i am right bad BIOS can cause a lot more Problems even if it boots up fine... So would you suggest i keep on trying (maybe with an onboard USB 3 port) or will it be fine now?

dukefawks

Administrator
I have no idea. It should not fail during verify! Try another computer, I use my TL866 with WIN7 64 bit with no issues.

Fizzl92

I tried win 10 pro and win 7 pro 64 Bit as well as another pc and i get everytime an error during verification... But the device still runs just fine...