820-3115 running slow

Crizz

After so many attempts I would let this chip rest in peace.
Do you put new solder balls after each attempt?
If you want to be successful don't waste your time on this chip any longer:
- order a chip with new balls
- de-solder the faulty chip and remove all the excess solder off the board with your wick
- make sure the pads are as clean and even as possible
- put flux on the pads (not too much)
- align the new chip on the pads and when you're sure it is aligned push a little bit harder on it so it doesn't float on the flux
- now apply heat on the chip. make sure your air is not to high and not blows your chip away
- if the chip is only 90% aligned it doesn't mater you will see how it moves in place when the solder melts
- don't be inpatient and touch the chip while it is floating on the solder!
- let it cool down and make an inspection
- reflow if necessary
- I use a preheater to heat up the whole board for better results and less stress

I wish you success

How to - by Louis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj9RXw6D1H8&index=20&list=PLkVbIsAWN2lvK9wLg2pwcXJLut_-_P9G4

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
just buy five or ten of them and figure it out. stop using the word fail, it just didn't work that one time. it will work the next one.

pcfriends

hey I change SMC once more , and now machine turn on again , and I have green light and orange , I run as and now I only have 1 bad sensor TA0P all the others show ok , how I can diference witch one is it?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Can you remind me the full name of it? It usually says fin stack sensor, proximity sensor, pbus voltage sense, etc. TA0P what? I don't know it off the top of my head. I am guessing it is one of the sensors near U5511

dukefawks

Administrator
Answer my previous question plz. You replaced Q5520 originally, I bet it's dead or bad soldering.

Last edited:

pcfriends

hello masters for q5520 on pin number 3 I have 1v , for pin #2 I have .60v , for pin #1 I have 1v , also on diode test I read .751 on all the pins , I should replace it?

pcfriends

I replace again Q5520 and problem remain I check continuity between q5520 and c5511 and from c5511 to u5511 and is ok what should be my next step?

pcfriends

How I can find out the name of TA0P on the schematic ? or any other sensor ? where is a guide to understand the asd names to match them on the schematic ? , and what should be my next step?

dukefawks

Administrator
-124 means nothing is connected to the sensor. You can bridge the 2 sense wires together and I think it will read 8C or something, try if it reacts to that.
There is no way to find the exact sensor. Some diagrams have them listed and you need to figure out what they are on another diagram.
I still think bad solder on U5511 or dead Q5520. Or we are looking at the wrong sensor, you can remove Q5520 and see if an extra error pops up.

Last edited:

pcfriends

hello master duke I remove q5520 and guess what? and extra error sensor show up on as q5520 is Th1H Fin stack wtf? then where is the TA0P?

pcfriends

im afraid I didn't explain right , I remove q5520 and on asd another sensor error show up Th1H Fin stack , so q5520 is not TA0P