820-3208a liquid damage, no light on charger.

BigPersonalety

Just checked PP5V_S3 is not shorted to ground, and still orange light.
also I haven’t solder new c4696, since at the moment I don’t have any.
Also connected speakers and I can hear chime. But for now can’t test display cause don’t have any LCD connectors (they are coming)
tried thunderbolt on tv but haven’t got any result. Tho I tried only 1 time.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Of course no short anymore if you already removed the bad cap; you didn't mention that in previous post...
You can now try for external video, if you have proper adapter.

BigPersonalety

Okey...
so I managed to get adapter to connect MacBook to tv.
everything works, tho sometimes, not consistently when I turn on MacBook it goes full bananas ramping fan to max speed and not seeing battery, tho working of a battery...
Also left speaker isn’t working, I tested speaker it self it’s 100% working, so must be something on a board:(

So fat tested everything around u6210, nothing is shorted and resistors are okey. Tried resoldering u6210, but didn’t help.
that chip looks all messed up from bottom, but I want to replace it only as a last action. So what should I be checking?

Last edited:

BigPersonalety

Yes, if I connect left/right speaker to LIO’s speaker connector - everything works.
But if I connect left/right speaker to motherboard speaker connector - nothing works (sounds)
Also sometime during booting up I can hear some realy faith static coming from that speaker

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Audio codec is on the LIO board.
So right channel audio comes from LIO, only the audio amp is on the MLB.
Check continuity for that line.
Also measure corresponding audio amp...
Ramping fan can also be caused by LIO board, or bad contact between boards; could be trackpad issue to.
Run ASD and see if any error pop out.

BigPersonalety

Alright so probably last update.
Restorted audio on that speaker I was talking about earlier, the fault was in u6210, took it of a donor board, now everything works as new ?
Now when board has been fully restored, I have no more question.
Thank you very much for helping me fix this old piece of junk, I learned a lot of new things :)
See you in the future :)
PS:
I still haven’t solder LCD connector, so there is slight chance after 2-3 weeks I might comeback with some issue related to LCD, but I hope everything is fine in that department... ?