820-3209 SLOWWWWWWW, doesn't recognize battery but will run on battery for about a minute

grmacs

This MB air boots super slow but eventually loads and there is a lag in the mouse, typing, etc... Probably takes about 5 minutes to boot.

Boots slow with or without battery plugged in. WOn't start on battery but will run on battery for about a minute. Screen shows 100% and x on battery when plugged in and doesn't show any info in system information. Tried new battery n

Readings at ISL seem good. DId a reflow on SMC to no avail. Noticed if there is usb plugged in by power it chimes shows apple and load bar but never starts loading. Obviously an issue with that port... could that USB causing a drain on the system in general even with nothing plugged in it? Thinking there are multiple issues going on.

grmacs

Because this was sketching out when I had something plugged in the USB port on DCIN board, I waited til I got a replacement board to diagnose further. Replacing the DCIN board fixed the slowness, the charging issue both!