820-3209 this mac has slowness and PPbus_g3h 8.4v

iClub

820-3209 this is sluggish, PPbus_g3h 8.4v PP3v42_g3h 3.42v and SMC_RESET_L 3.3v, I already changed the u7000 and checked the resistors, but the defect persists, I need help, am I new to mac's repairs?

acowan

Just to be clear here what is the defect ... a running booting and working 820-3209 that is booting in the OS but running slow?

iClub

everything you do on the machine is delayed, not possible to use.
The voltage PPBUS_g3h should be 8.56v right?

acowan

Well it should be 8.6v/8.56v (whos splitting hairs here) - that rail is just used to create the other power rails PP3V42_G3H, PP5V_S5. Post your voltages for the power rails

iClub

maybe I was too hasty, but I did the SMC reball, but before that the voltages PP3v42_g3h- 3.42v and PP5v_s0 - 5v both were stable.

iClub

after redoing smc solders, PPbus continues with 8.4v and PP5v_s0 4.96v, PP3v42_g3h 3.42v, PP5v_s5 5.13v

Last edited:

acowan

Any history to the board, I'm assuming you didn't do an SMC reball without some significant event? Water spillage?

iClub

friend has no sign of contact with liquid, I performed the reball because of a post that had a defect similar to this. Visually the tracks near the u6100 are charred, the image is attached.

when the flat of the trackpad-keyboard is connected the cooler is accelerated instantly

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-24 at 14.48.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-24 at 14.48.19.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

acowan

I'm not sure if the crap on the board is from where you reballed and got flux everywhere or something else but drop that into the ultrasonic - lets clear away the obvious residues as indicated by your fingerprints ;-)

iClub

I don't have an ultrasound, the dollar is too high to buy lol, but I washed the plate with water and soap then put it in isopropyl alcohol, do you imagine it could be?

the relation of the flat trackpad-keyboard to the connector unclipping the cooler has anything to do with it?

I performed the test of apple connecting the machine holding the d, but informs that it does not find defect. I imagine the smc is damaged.

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Discard first software and SSD issue.
Disconnect internal SSD and boot with USB macOS.

Run corresponding EFI ASD and see if any error pops up.

Do PRAM reset 2-3 times, just in case.

Fan should go to max if trackpad is disconnected.
If spins to max with trackpad connected, there is a problem with a temp sensor from trackpad board.
Machine goes slow to, in such case.
Try known good trackpad flex/board.

If still low, then clean ME region in BIOS.

iClub

sorry for the ignorance, but the question of PPBUS_g3h is in 8.4v is it related to this defect?

iClub

Hello friend, the keyboard is shorted, it replaces, I restarted the PRAM 3 times, but nothing has changed. Replaces the U6100, for not having a recorder to perform ME cleaning of the BIOS region, in the tests that continue with the 8.4v PPBus, do you think it may be an internal failure in the SMC?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
U6100 from other board has dirty ME region for your board.
You MUST test 100% clean ME, to discard it.
Better to use full known clean BIOS.
Do you have USB programmer to do that?

iClub

friend I don't have a programmer yet, can you recommend a programmer to buy? apparently I need this device because I already have 3 board that I need to clean the ME region of the bios

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If you plan to work with Apple stuff, get Medusa programmer.
However, you will still need a classic USB programmer, as sometime need to upload BIOS file from PC to Medusa.
CH341 is the cheapest option.
TL866C, EZP2019, Mini Pro, many other options available...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Using normal BIOS programmer, you can only read/write the chip; eventualy onboard, using proper adapter.
However you MUST clean ME region in other PC.
So you need read (remove, if necesarry) BIOS chip, upload to service PC, clean ME, and write back to the chip (resolder, if needed).

Medusa can directly clean ME (and more things can do) on the MacBook board.

iClub

I don?t have MEDUSA yet, but soon I?m going to buy it, released the mac for the customer. THANK YOU FRIEND!!!