820-3330-B Not powering On

techgeeksna

Good Day , ive got a A1268 820-3330-B board here. The computer was working fine and the next morning refused to turn on. The green led on charger lights up for about a minute then goes off. The computer wont switch on from power or from battery.

so far ive measured the following.

PPDCIN_G3H - 16.2V
PPBUS_G3H - 12.6V

could anyone please point me in the right direction.

P.S Yes im using 85w charger and yes its the original charger.

JohnB8812

No he wants resistance mode measurements. Resistance between 17/18 and 27/28. Also the measurement of R7005 in ohms

dukefawks

Administrator
That should be connected to pin 14 of the ISL. So if there is any voltage difference between those points the trace must be bad. Check continuity between those points.

techgeeksna

thanks i will check that, im in a completely different time zone, which means when your awake im asleep and vice versa. Do you perhaps have any other ideas i can try if the trace happens to be good? im currently using another board that does power on to test different points and i also get the low voltage ACOK at pin 14 of ISL. 2.3v/2.4v.

Like i mentioned in my initial posting the computer was working perfectly fine and just died the next morning. No signs of liquid damage and no physical damage either.

techgeeksna

Good Day, a short update. pin 14 and pin 1 of r5393 are same voltage and the trace is good. So im still stuck with a board with no green or orange LED.