820 3332 emc 2512 bios dump

LetsFix

So i got one of these wIth catalina beta corrupt bios :). i need a clean dump for this. but i dont find it. just in case ive tried my luck already at the forum, ghostlyhacks.com and many other sites...can someones share a good now working one?. all the ones i seem to find either the machine doesnt boot, or becomes slow after a while, heck the last one didnt saw the ssd :/

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"the last one didnt saw the ssd"
Doesn't have APFS support I suppose.
Take an empty SSD/HDD and install OSX, like High Sierra, or newer.
This will automatically update BIOS; if you do it on internal disk, of course.

LetsFix

well that isnt the issue. since i formatted the ssd and put sierra in there...i even tested with a ssd with maverick and it doesnt work. so it has to be the efi dump!. since before it saw the same drive. i formated the client ssdwith sierra. so can you share a good know one?

LetsFix

that dump doesnt work... the size is wrong. i still tested it, and it doesnt even boot...machine just keeps on black screen fan spin.

LetsFix

first one, fucked ME region, slow as fuck, and sometimes doesnt boot.

second one its from a 2013 one, meaning EMC 2673, slow as fuck too!.

just in case i used ASD to test sensors and everything looks fine...i called customer too, and he said that machine worked fine before catalina update, it wasnt slow. so if he isnt lying i guess i have to try some more dumps...

LetsFix

Welllll. i figured this shit out :D. after testing with more than 20 dumps, i put HWmonitor and noticed that the left fin stack was at 70C. even thought ASD said sensors were fine...so i checked the board and noticed that U5860 was heating up, replaced and everything is working fine now. and i owe you a apology, the Dumps you shared are good, but with a dirty ME. well we can mark this as solved.